1) St. Gregorios Medical Mission Hospital, Parumala was established in the year 1975 with a view to offer world class health care to the less privileged and poor irrespective of community or cast. Within the 37 years of its service, St.Gregorios Medical Mission Hospital had proven that the highest quality and latest forms of treatment and management are possible even in peripheral settings.
2) The 300 more bedded Multidisciplinary Super specialty Hospital is one of the leading hospital in Central Travancore situated in Parumala, Pathanamthitta (Dist) initiated and controlled by the Indian Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church. St. Gregorios of Parumala is the first declared saint of Indian Christian Community. Parumala is a major pilgrim center in India and the Saints Shrine is a spiritual solace to lots of people belongings to various communities.
3) St Gregorios Medical Mission Hospital is a fast growing institution, brings together a dedicated team of Doctors, Nurses and other healthcare professionals to provide the highest standard of medical treatment and most modern facilities with department of General medicine , General surgery, Orthopedics & Spine surgery, Anesthesiology, Ophthalmology, ENT, Oncology and Palliative medicine, Nephrology, Neurology and Neuro Surgery, Gastroenterology, Neonatology, Urology, Obstetrics, Psychiatry and De-addiction, Radiology, Dermatology, Dental, and Endocrinology.
4) The hospital extends its medical treatment, community health service, and family welfare activities to the people of surrounding taluks of Thiruvalla and Chengannur. It is the only hospital in the rural India which has a well equipped Cardio Thoracic unit and is led by world famous cardio Thoracic surgeon Padmasree Dr. KM Cherian. In collaboration with various international agencies like Help age India, Lions club international, World Vision India, we are conducting various community based programmes.
St.Gregorios College of Nursing
St.Gregorios College of Nursing, Parumala PO, Pathanamthitta Dist, Kerala belongs to Indian Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church, and it is situated in the beautiful and serene location of Parumala Village, on the banks of Pamba standing out as a separate entity.
This college is affiliated to Kerala University Health Science (KUHS), Thrissur and M.G University, Kottayam and approved by Indian Nursing Council & Kerala Nursing Council. Presently the college offers B.Sc Nursing programme (50 seats) and M.Sc Nursing programme (15 seats) in three specialties.
The Library is being enriched with current books and journals.Total No of books 3418, Journals 22 Periodicals 5 and New additions 87 books, Journals 1 and Periodicals 1. Every year an amount of Rs. 3 lakhs for journals and nearly 1 lakh on books is spent.
The Nursing College has got excellent teaching faculty with Principal Prof K A Tessy, Vice Principal Sr.Naomi CLG , 11 Lectures and 12 Clinical Instructors and 10 Non Teaching Staff. Competent and stable faculty is an asset. The management is very keen on moving with the trend of the present situation and the faculty members are always made to update their knowledge by sending them to conferences workshops and seminars etc.
The educators of this College of Nursing believe that candidates undergoing B.Sc Nursing Programme
in this institution should be individually developed into mature, sincere, responsible person capable of giving efficient and comprehensive nursing care in hospital,community and family. They must be capable of serving the sick, with a compassionate tender love, in the footsteps of Lord Jesus Christ and maintain highest standards of nursing education and quality patient care.
At the completion of B.Sc Nursing Programme, the graduates are expected to:
1) Apply nursing process in nursing care for clients that contributes to health of individual, families and communities.
2) Prepare nurse professionals with a strong scientific background who will function as clinicians, teachers and administrators.
3) Respect human life and its rights and see God in every person and care for them in a spirit of dedication.
4) Practice ethical values in their personal and professional life.